Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes!

Creamy Center Cupcakes & Vanilla Frosting from:
Taste of Home's Cupcakes! Muffins and More

First, Prepare and bake a box cake according to the package instructions and let the cupcakes cool.


Light & Fluffy Cream Filling
3/4 cup shortening
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


In a large bowl, cream the sugar & shortening until it's Light & Fluffy.
Add the Marshmallow Cream and Vanilla & Mix Well!


To Fill the Cupcakes:

Cut a small hole in the corner of a Pastry Bag or plastic bag and enter a small tip. Fill the bag with the Cream and push the tip down to the center of the cupcake and squeeze the bag to release the Filling (Only for a few seconds). The Cupcake may expand a little.

Once your cupcakes are all filled up you can start making the Frosting! Here is the recipe I used, It's from Taste of Home's Cupcakes! Muffins and More cookbook as well.

Vanilla Frosting

2 cups confectioners' sugar

2 tablespoons butter (softened)

2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used clear vanilla)

Food Coloring, optional

Beat all ingredients until smooth & fluffy.


To Frost, insert a Decorating Tip into the corner of a Pastry Bag & cut a small hole just big enough for the end of the tip. Fill the bag & Frost!

Good Luck!

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic baking Sara! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    I LOVE your work! I remember baking when I was your age! It made me feel so proud. Keep up your creativity and always love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! Thanks for leading me to your blog (through flickr, my name there is chiccookiekits). I loved to bake at your age, too, and made a whole career of it! I'll be sure to post a link to your cupcakes on my edible crafts column, too, to bring you even more clicks. (at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're 13?? Your blog looks fantastic! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara, just saw your post at my flickr (Sweet Vegan Dublin)! You're doing a amzing baking work, keep it going :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm impressed! At 13, you're doing great... that's about when I started baking too. Let's keep in touch. I also have a blog ;)

    Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are 13?? you have a big future as a baker ahead! good luck. Really cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sara! Just saw your post on Bakerella's site! Wow, you're only 13?!? Great job! I also ready your post about making your own fondant... bless your heart! Wilton fondant is easier to use, but the taste of it puts people off. Fondarific or Deca Roma taste much better, but are a little harder to work with. Keep up the great work!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You're 13???? Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your background! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments!